Charlotte McGuire Scholarships
Download the Graduate Application
Download the Undergraduate Application
The Charlotte McGuire Scholarship Program (CMGSP) was established in 1986 through a gracious gift to the American Holistic Nurses Association. Since 1987, AHNA nurses in pursuit of their professional education have been assisted by this program. These awards celebrate the commitment of nurses to a holistic path, and are presented at AHNA's annual conference held each year in June. Since 1997, more than $30,000 has been awarded.
Named in honor of the founder of AHNA, the Charlotte McGuire Scholarship Program is made possible through the generous tax deductible donations of AHNA members, friends and benefactors.
Annually, the CMGSP offers academic scholarships to nurses in undergraduate nursing programs, graduate nursing programs, and other graduate programs related to holistic nursing.
Charlotte McGuire Scholarships are available to nurses who:
- Are pursuing holistic nursing education
- Maintain a 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale)
- Have experience and interest in healing and holistic nursing practice
- Are current members of AHNA
- Have been a member for a minimum of six months at the time of application submission for the undergraduate award
- Have been a member for a minimum of one year at the time of application submission for the graduate award
- Complete the application process
Application packets may be downloaded or are available throughout the year from AHNA National Office. Completed applications must be returned by March 15 of the year for which the scholarship is awarded. Applications received after March 15 will not be considered. No materials will be returned to the applicant. The application includes:
- Personal Data
- Educational and Employment History
- Description of personal philosophy and activities
- Financial statement
- Official transcript
- Application essay
- Two sponsorship letters (one must be written by an AHNA member)
All applications are reviewed by members of the Charlotte McGuire Scholarship Program Committee. The committee is composed of a minimum of five active AHNA members, one of whom is a chair appointed by the Leadership Council. Selection criteria have been approved by the Leadership Council. Scholarship recipients will be notified each year in May. All recipients are encouraged to attend the national AHNA conference to receive awards.
Amount of Scholarships
The Scholarship Program is supported by donations from AHNA members, friends and benefactors. Final determination is made by the Leadership Council.
For Questions Contact:
AHNA President Elect
Submit Applications to:
AHNA Office Manager
100 SE 9th Street, Suite 3A
Topeka, KS 66612-1213
(785) 234 - 1713 (fax)