AHNA's 34rd Annual Conference
Through the Looking Glass: A Vision of Holistic Leadership
June 5-8, 2014
A Conference Like No Other
AHNA’s 34th Annual Conference brings together many talented nurses & other healthcare professionals committed to sharing their experience and expertise in holistic healthcare.
Holistic nurses are driving the paradigm shift, locally and globally, towards maintaining caring and healing values in our healthcare systems. They are experts at creating healing environments that support health and wellness promotion. And as more Americans are living with chronic conditions they turning to holistic nurses for information, education and care that eases their concerns and improves their outcomes.
This conference will explore possibilities for nurses to deepen their influence in all healthcare settings, provide information on the role of nurses in the Affordable Care Act and point to innovative strategies for transforming nursing practice.
Topics are diverse and will appeal to nurses who practice in clinical settings, education, administration and research...those who seek self-care strategies...those who seek personal and professional development.
The sessions include offerings at the basic, intermediate and advanced level of practice.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from each other and meet many new friends along the way.
- The American public is demanding health care that provides accessible options, is wellness oriented, economically feasible, compassionate, respectful and grounded in holistic ideals.
- Educational and healthcare institutions must provide practitioners able to address the needs of the whole person within a socio-cultural perspective that honors individuality and interconnectedness.
- Research demands a more holistically oriented perspective that both incorporates and transcends current paradigms.
- The role of nurse advocate is essential in the provision of safe, quality, person-centered health care.
- Holistic nurses have knowledge and skills that are foundational in the creation of caring/healing environments and envisioning possibilities for healing.
- Holistic nursing practice is grounded in the Scope and Standards of Holistic Nursing 1st Edition.
The purpose of this conference is to enable holistic nurses to develop and refine knowledge and skills designed to consciously impact healthcare transformation.
- Identify opportunities available to holistic nurses for addressing healthcare needs and demands at the local, national and international level.
- Explore the role of advocacy in holistic nursing as a foundation in creating personal and social change.
- Examine the skills and resources necessary to manifest change and optimize holistic nursing’s vision, contributions, and impact on health-care evolution.
- Create strategies to advance holistic nursing’s philosophy and practice in education and practice settings, research, and in the public arena.
- Engage in reflection to appreciate our individual uniqueness, deepen our awareness, and illuminate our inner wholeness and need for self-care.
- Equip holistic nurses with skills/approaches to participate meaningfully in the conscious development of an action plan designed to impact healthcare transformation.
2013 AHNA Conference Nurse Planner:
Marian Long RN, MSN, AHN-BC
AHNA Education Coordinator:
Deb Shields RN, PhD, CCRN, QTTT, AHN-BC
Please note: As of January 1, 2007 all AHNA contact hours are calculated using 60 minutes = 1 contact hour. This is in accordance with ANCC Accreditation Program criteria.
The American Holistic Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 10442.
Call for Proposals
Hotel & Travel