AHNA's 35th Annual Conference
June 12-17, 2015
The purpose of this conference is to enable participants to integrate the historical foundations of holistic nursing into the creation of strategies designed to support the transformation of contemporary healthcare into a practice grounded in holism.
The practice of holistic nurses is rooted in culture, folk medicine, caring and an understanding of rich traditions. Holistic nurses draw from these ancient caring models and the Core Values of Holistic Nursing to lead the way in providing integrative caring for the health of self and others. Holistic nurses possess the skills to blend traditional healing and complementary modalities with modern technology and ground-breaking procedures and drugs in a way which respects the consumers informed choice, culture, beliefs, personal history, and evidence-based options. This conference will explore ways holistic nurse integrate the Core Values, caring and the rich traditions of healing into modern health care. Through sharing of traditional practices, successful integrative programs, new research supporting CAM, and mentoring, holistic nurses will honor the roots from where we came and become grounded in the historical roots of practice.
1. Explore the historical development of the discipline of nursing.
2. Examine the philosophy and wisdom traditions that are the foundations of holistic nursing.
3. Probe the meaning of holism and the evolution of contemporary holistic nursing.
4. Examine the Scope & Standards and the Core Values of holistic nursing through the lens of history.
5. Explore the relationship of historical roots to holistic nursing praxis (practice, education, research, aesthetics).
6. Value the importance of holism in healthcare.
7. Apply historical knowledge to the creation of grassroots movements and evidenced - based strategies designed to transform healthcare.
8. Engage in self-reflection to enhance personal awareness and appreciation of the impact of our holistic roots on our current practice.
9. Develop a personal action plan to contribute to healthcare transformation through the integration of holism into practice.
A Conference Like No Other
AHNA conferences bring together many talented nurses & professionals who are committed to sharing their expertise, experiences, and love of holistic healthcare.
Here you will be surrounded by loving, nurturing souls who understand why you care so much.
Don't miss this great opportunity to gain stronger leadership skills, and increase your desire and knowledge of holistic nursing!
Please note:As of January 1, 2007 all AHNA contact hours
are calculated using 60 minutes = 1 contact hour.
This is in accordance with ANCC Accreditation Program criteria.
The American Holistic Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 10442.