AHNA's 34th Annual Conference
Through the Looking Glass:
A Vision of Holistic Leadership
June 5-8, 2014 (Pre-Conference June 4
Post Conference June 8)
- Recognize that nurses in all practice areas (clinical, education, research) and in diverse professional roles possess leadership characteristics and qualities.
- Explore contemporary models of holistic leadership.
- Create strategies for developing the skills necessary for effective communication and advocacy as holistic nurse leaders.
- Examine innovative approaches which facilitate inter-professional collaboration and mentorship.
- Value the role of holistic nurse leaders in transforming healthcare.
- Examine best practice evidence that supports and refines the role of holistic nurse leaders.
- Develop a personal action plan for becoming a transformational leader in holistic nursing.
- Engage in self-reflection to appreciate our individual uniqueness and awareness to recognize the importance of self-care as leaders in the current healthcare environment.
The purpose of this conference is to enable holistic nurses to develop advocacy and leadership skills which can be used in the transforming of healthcare systems to a caring/healing perspective.
Gazing into the "looking glass," to the future of healthcare, holistic nurses are poised to lead the way in transforming the healthcare system to one built on the Core Values of Holistic Nursing. This caring/healing perspective represents a paradigm shift model of whole person caring that is informed by the best available evidence. Holistic nurses must possess advocacy and leadership skills crucial in addressing all aspects of healthcare reform while ensuring that caring is not lost in the process. This conference will explore ways that holistic nurses can enhance their advocacy and leadership skills, becoming transformational leaders and key members of the inter-professional healthcare reform team. Through mentoring, effective holistic communication, and interpersonal relationships, holistic nurses will actualize possibilities and consciously work to change the culture of healthcare.
A Conference Like No Other
AHNA conferences bring together many talented nurses & professionals who are committed to sharing their expertise, experiences, and love of holistic healthcare.
Here you will be surrounded by loving, nurturing souls who understand why you care so much.
Don't miss this great opportunity to gain stronger leadership skills, and increase your desire and knowledge of holistic nursing!
Please note: As of January 1, 2007 all AHNA contact hours are calculated using 60 minutes = 1 contact hour. This is in accordance with ANCC Accreditation Program criteria.
The American Holistic Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 10442.