Become a Holistic Nurse. The Integrative Healing Arts Program in Holistic Nursing prepares nurses to (1) take pivotal roles in a new paradigm of healthcare and (2) complete the AHNCC Holistic Nursing certification application and exam through a unique 84-hour continuing nursing education (CNE) program in a retreat setting.
Healing arts are interventions that foster the healing process, facilitate deeper levels of self-understanding and wholeness, and honor the body, mind, emotions, and spirit. The demand for healing arts skills in holistic nursing is escalating because the public is increasingly seeking healing that honors the whole being, including the body, mind, emotion, and spirit.
IHAP is offered in retreat-type settings across the USA. IHAP graduates:
- Receive a certificate in Holistic Nursing and Integrative Modalities
- Use holistic principles and modalities in their daily life and in clinical practice
- Create a space within and around themselves that allows them to be an instrument of healing
- Use their authenticity, caring presence, and nursing skills to facilitate birth, growth, recovery, and end-of-life transition
- Provide healing arts, grounded in a foundation of holism, in all healthcare settings including hospitals, universities, and private practices
IHAP Is a 3-Session Program
- Session 1: "The Self-Actualized Holistic Nurse" 27 CNE Contact Hours
- Session 2: "Holistic Relationship-Centered Care" 27 CNE Contact Hours
- Session 3: "Enlightened Leadership" 30 CNE Contact Hours
Note: Session 1 is a pre-requisite to taking Session 2, and Session 2 is a pre-requisite to taking Session 3.
It is strongly recommended that participants take all three IHAP Sessions to maximize their ability to practice Holistic Nursing and pass the Holistic Nurse certification exam. Participants are not required to attend all three sessions to take the certification exam.
Core Topics (Developed During All 3 Sessions)
• Artistry of Authentic Communication
• Caring for Self; Caring for Others
• Philosophy & Spirituality in Healing
• Theory as a Foundation for Holistic Nursing Practice
• Nutrition as Nourishment for BodyMindSpirit
• Energy Systems & Energy Healing
• Transformational Leadership for Organizational Change
1-Day Immersion Topics
• Session 1: Intro to Clinical Aromatherapy
• Session 2: Intro to Therapeutic Music & Guided Imagery
• Session 3: Intro to Acupressure (or Reflexology: varies by location)
Each session will have 3 instructors and a maximum of 40 participants.