|NEWS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – July 9, 2012
Contact: Anna Schoner, American Holistic Nurses Association, firstname.lastname@example.org, (800) 278-2462 Ext. 19
Sponsors of the 32nd Annual AHNA Conference:Holistic Nurses: Catalysts for Conscious Change
The American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) held their 32nd Annual Conference, Holistic Nurses: Catalysts for Conscious Change, June 13-16, 2012 at the Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort in Snowbird, Utah. Nurses attended continuing education courses focused on holistic practice, education and research from all types of health experts. There were more than 340 AHNA members who attended, and 34 exhibitors.
AHNA would like to acknowledge our 2012 sponsors for supporting this annual event.
· Quartz Sponsor: Jewish Hospital and Saint Mary's Healthcare.
· Quartz Sponsor: SAGE Publishing.
· Quartz Sponsor: Meyenberg Goat Milk Products.
· The Silver Media Sponsor was Natural Standard.
· The conference tote bags were sponsored by Nurses Service Organization.
· The reflection room was sponsored by Alliance of International Aromatherapists.
· The back cover of the conference guidebook was sponsored by the National Institute of Whole Health.
· All of the attendees at the opening ceremony received a pin that was sponsored by the Nu Nu chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International.
· The Queen Bee prize, a hand decorated tote bag, filled with honey products was sponsored by Cox Honeyland and Gifts.
· The floral decorations were provided by Brown Floral of Salt Lake City.
· AHNA would like to thank Therapeutic Touch International Association who provided AHNA with a basic sponsorship.
The AHNA sponsor page can be viewed here: www.ahna.org/sponsors
Attendees at AHNA conferences are registered nurses, educators, administrators, and other healthcare practitioners that experience the healing value of holistic community, networks, sharing circles and mentorship. The purpose of AHNA’s 32nd annual conference was to empower holistic nurses to transform their knowledge and passion into purposeful, conscious intentional action for the highest good of humanity and the planet. Holistic nurses left this conference equipped with new skills and approaches to participate meaningfully in health care evolution. Attendees enjoyed early morning activities such as Yoga and Qigong and celebrated at the Western “hoedown” banquet with a silent auction and dancing.
AHNA invites companies and organizations to sponsor their 33rd Annual Conference in Norfolk, Va. at the Norfolk Downtown Waterside Marriott June 5-8, 2013. The theme will be Holistic Nurses: Oceans of Nurses and all holistic health practitioners are invited to join us as we explore new and exciting ways to transform health care. Check back soon for more info: http://www.ahna.org/conference
The American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) is a non-profit membership association for nurses and other holistic healthcare professionals. Founded in 1981, AHNA is the definitive voice for holistic nursing, and promotes the education of nurses, other healthcare professionals, and the public in all aspects of holistic caring and healing, serving as a bridge between conventional medicine and complementary and alternative healing practices. Holistic nursing is recognized by the American Nurses Association as an official nursing specialty with defined scope and standards of practice. AHNA’s mission is to advance holistic nursing through community building, advocacy, research and education. For more information: www.ahna.org.