• American Holistic Nurses Certification Corporation
(AHNCC) provides certification in Holistic Nursing, and is the only national credentialing corporation for the specialty of Holistic Nursing.
• Nurses Service Organization
offers medical malpractice / professional liability insurance and risk management information for RN's, LPN's, nurse practitioners, and Clinical Nurse Specialists as well as many other healthcare professionals. NSO also offers LTD, term life and AD&D insurance.
• American Nurses Association
has recognized holistic nursing as an official nursing specialty and is co-publisher with AHNA of Holistic Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice
• National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
[NCCAM] is the Federal Government's lead agency for scientific research on complementary and alternative medicine (CAM).
• National Council of State Boards of Nursing
• The Elms Hotel and Spa are the NEW AHNA Partners!
Benefits for Individuals include Sleeping Room rate of $125 for king or classic double, subject to availability (rate guaranteed through December 30th 2014); Suite discount rates will be determined on a case by case basis; Spa Retail: 20%; Spa Services: 10% (subject to availability). for Endorsed Program Benefits contact Dan Posch at 816-629-2523 firstname.lastname@example.org use code AHNA to get your sleeping room rate when calling or when booking online.
Link here to view AHNA’s Endorsed Programs
Nursing Schools with a Holistic Emphasis
• American Holistic Medical Association
• The Nightingale Initiative for Global Health: www.nightingaledeclaration.net/
Read more about NIGH's projects
2010 International Year of the Nurse
• IONS Institute of Noetic Sciences
• International Association of Human Caring
• Watson Caring Science Institute
• Society of Rogerian Scholars
• International Society for the Study of Subtle Energies and Energy Medicine
• Homeopathic Nurses Association
• National Association of Nurse Massage Therapists
• National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy
• Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine: A peer reviewed journal that provides a forum for sharing information concerning the practical use of alternative therapies in preventing and treating disease, healing illness and promoting health.
• Jones & Bartlett Publishing: Online orders for books about holistic nursing, including Holistic Nursing: A Handbook for Practice and other AHNA titles.
• Sage Publications: publisher of the Journal of Holistic Nursing.