| Education Coordinator
The Education Coordinator shall be a registered nurse with a graduate degree. One degree, baccalaureate or graduate must be in nursing. Expertise and experience as a reviewer of continuing education programs is required.
Basic role is to oversee and coordinate education activities for Education Approver Committee (EAC), Educational Provider Committee (EPC) and Program Recognition Committee (PRC) of AHNA.
Leadership Council/General Position Responsibilities:
- Attends Leadership Council Meetings.
- Attends National Conference.
- Serves as Liaison/Advisor to the Conference Planning Committee.
- Writes Leadership Council Reports.
- Performs Special Assignments.
- Writes articles for Beginnings as requested.
- Collaborates with other Leadership Council members regarding all activities.
- Mentors newly elected Leadership Council replacement during a transition phase at conclusion of term of service.
Education Coordinator Activities:
- Directs the Chairpersons of the Education Approver Committee (EAC), the Educational Provider Committee (EPC) and the Program Recognition Committee (PRC).
- Provides guidance and direction to AHNA members seeking to implement education programs.
- Collaborates with Leadership Council Members in defining goals and objectives for the association and in particular, identifying direction for education activities.
- Communicates with community leaders and members of other specialty nursing associations to identify trends in education and monitor standards required for accreditation of education programs.
- Works with AHNA committee members to increase visibility of education programs through publications and presentations at local, state and national events.
- Implements association activities in collaboration with AHNA staff and education committee members to maintain AHNA/ANCC standards and accreditation of all education programs through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Collaborates with Education Administrator and Executive Director regarding Education Department activities.
If you are interested and have the qualifications for this position, download this nomination form and return to email@example.com by Oct. 10, 2011.
2012 Candidates for Education Coordinator