The Journal of Holistic Nursing (JHN) is AHNA's quarterly peer-reviewed research journal. Online access is free for AHNA members, but a login is required.
Full Archives are available here. Login instructions are here.
For over 20 years, the Journal of Holistic Nursing has been a pioneering force in integrating holistic health concepts with traditional Western medicine. This objective forum allows caring and innovative nurses in clinical practice, research, individual wellness practice, and academia to exchange critical information, share clinical and personal experiences, and communicate research pertaining to nursing practice, health care, wellness, healing, and human potential.
PARTICIPATE IN THE HEALING PROCESS
Holistic nursing encompasses balancing the intuitive art of nursing with scientific knowledge and technical competence. If you are committed to practices that respect, nurture, and enhance the bio-psycho-socio-spiritual well-being of individuals, families, and yourself, the Journal of Holistic Nursing can bring you evidence on how to actively participate in the healing process. Each issue includes:
EXPLORE A BROAD RANGE OF TOPICS
- Opportunities to nurture and empower your clients, their families, and yourself
- Concepts of self-care, wellness, and preventive intervention that you can incorporate into your everyday practice
- Inspiration to continue your personal and professional transformation
- Techniques that will help you sharpen your skills and become more clinically competent
- Knowledge and implementation of intuitive and analytic skills to nurture and empower your clients, their families, and yourself in self-care, wellness, and preventive interventions that you can incorporate into your everyday practice
- Applied concepts of Holistic Nursing and Continuing Education opportunities that can lead to CE credits
Published four times a year, the Journal of Holistic Nursing examines a broad range of topics that will challenge your thinking and expand your horizons -- from ethical concerns to spiritual growth to body awareness. Some of the important topics in recent issues include:
- Adolescent Violence
- Aging and Health
- Alternative Therapies
- Caregiver Concerns
- Guided Imagery
- Holistic Philosophy
- Prayer and Healing
- Sexual Risk Behavior
- Spirituality in Terminal Illness
- Spiritual Care
- Stress Management and Relaxation
- Therapeutic Touch
- Weight-Related Distress After Childbirth
- Youth Suicide
The journal also occasionally offers special issues devoted to specific subjects such as: Adolescent Health, Positive Aging, and Holistic Nursing Theory.
Full Archives are available here. Find login instructions here.