The demand for healing arts skills in holistic nursing has never been higher because the public is increasingly seeking healing that honors the whole being, including the body, mind, emotion and spirit.
The Integrative Healing Arts Program in Holistic Nursing (IHAP) is a unique continuing nursing education (CNE) program in a relaxing retreat setting.
Healing arts are interventions that:
- Foster the healing process
- Facilitate deeper levels of self-understanding and wholeness
- Honor the body, mind, emotions, and spirit
Healing does not equate to curing, although they can be synchronous.
IHAP is offered in retreat settings across the USA. IHAP graduates:
- Receive a certificate in Holistic Nursing and Integrative Modalities
- Use holistic principles and modalities in their daily life and in clinical practice
- Create a space within and around themselves that allows them to be an instrument of healing
- Use their authenticity, caring presence, and nursing skills to facilitate birth, growth, recovery, and end-of-life transition
- Provide healing arts,in all healthcare settings including hospitals, universities, and private practices
"IHAP is an amazing way to be taken care of, to care for myself, and to bring energetic and calm compassion into practice. Highly recommended!"
IHAP Is a 3-Session Program:
- Session 1: "The Nurse Healer in Holistic Practice" 27 CNE Contact Hours
- Session 2: "Holistic Relationship-Centered Care" 27 CNE Contact Hours
- Session 3: "Enlightened Leadership" 30 CNE Contact Hours
Starting August 2019, each session will be 24 CNE contact hours (72 CNEs total).
Note: Session 1 is a prerequisite to taking Session 2, and Session 2 is a prerequisite to taking Session 3.
It is strongly recommended that participants take all three IHAP Sessions to maximize their ability to practice Holistic Nursing and pass the Holistic Nurse certification exam. Participants are not required to attend all three sessions to take the certification exam.
All previous IHAP attendees and certified holistic nurses are invited to attend IHAP sessions and receive holistic nursing CE contact hours. IHAP graduates and certified holistic nurses may register at a discounted rate.
Core Topics (Developed During All 3 Sessions)
• Art of Authentic Communication
• Caring for Self; Caring for Others
• Philosophy & Spirituality in Healing
• Theory as a Foundation for Holistic Nursing Practice
• Nutrition as Nourishment for BodyMindSpirit
• Energy Systems & Energy Healing
• Transformational Leadership for Organizational Change
Each Session Includes a 1-Day Immersion Topic
• Session 1: Intro to Clinical Aromatherapy
• Session 2: Intro to Therapeutic Music & Guided Imagery
• Session 3: Intro to Jin Shin Jyutsu
Each session will have 3 instructors and is limited to 40 participants.
"The energy and dynamics of this group were indescribable."
"All the components worked harmoniously and I walked out of this a different person than I walked in."